The First Post

Life is full of firsts.  Some are important; first car, first house, first steelhead, first fish on a fly, first day of hunting season, and so on.  This is the first post of the Laegreid Outdoors blog, which is a big first for me.

I am Peter Laegreid, an avid angler and semi-competent artist; I pose as a marketer during the work week. That last name, by the way, is Norwegian in origin, and I pronounce it lay-Grade. Others pronounce it la-Greed, lag-reed, I've even heard it pronounced LaGreen. You can call me Peter.

Now that we're on a first-name basis, I should probably tell you that this blog is going to be just chock-full of outdoorsy stuff. I'm based in the Greater Seattle area, so if you don't like hearing about anadromous fish, you may want to check out some other blog.  If you are looking for a place to hear about salmon and trout and steelhead fishing, weird bottom-fish I accidentally hook, squidding, hiking, environmental issues, and maybe even some hunting, this blog is gonna be the jam.  I'm hoping there will be some travel-related posts, and I'm pretty sure that I'll do a give away every now and again.

But you're a smart person, you'll figure out what this page is all about soon enough.  Look for updates at least once a week, sometimes more.  If I don't get out, I'll just make something up to keep you sated.  

Go wet a line!

-Peter

Comments

  1. Yes!! I have been waiting for this blog! Keep the posts coming--and add your art, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have the poster you made from my birthday! Follow my blog too Peter :D jessicavillani

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Banana Boat: A review of the Intex Explorer K2 Kayak

A Longer Post About Squid Fishing Puget Sound