Wyoming Elk Hunt (Image Heavy)

Thanksgiving has come and gone, and it is well past time that this blog got an update. My girlfriend and I took our vacation in Wyoming with my family, which afforded me an opportunity to pursue the wily North American elk. It is a tale best told with pictures, so here ya go:

The night before the hunt was gin clear:

The morning started off bright and brisk, and the scenery was absolutely fantastic.


We stopped and glassed every once in a while:

We mostly saw rocks, but what rocks they were!

Elk had been there:

And a bobcat:

Wyoming has a tough climate that makes for some gnarly trees:




Men and guns needed a rest:


What everyone who doesn't know Wyoming thinks Wyoming looks like:

Tiny plants peeking out from the snow:

The hard work of a beaver:


Ready for Sports Afield:

My dad in the center, being watched by some mule deer on the hill to the left:


An old, old can:

At the end of the hunt we had no elk, but there are few things better than to go for an armed hike on a brisk morning in good company. And when you return home to faces like this, well, there's always a cherry on top, isn't there. Hope you all had as pleasant a holiday as I did; look for a new post soon!
Photo credit: my girlfriend

Photo credit: my girlfriend. She takes pictures and looks good doin' it!



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Banana Boat: A review of the Intex Explorer K2 Kayak

A Longer Post About Squid Fishing Puget Sound

New Year's Goals