New Year's Goals

Happy new year, dear readers!

Last year I decided that fishing was too much fun, and I needed to give myself some goals to strive towards. This ended up being even MORE fun, and I recommend it to anyone who angles. So, on this first day of the New Year, I've decided to share last year's goals and results, and tell you what I'll be chasing this coming year.

First: The old!
Gooooooooaaaaaaaaal!
Well, I got a few of the fish, and a good portion of the places and other goals. I'm blown away that I didn't make it to the ocean once; also that I couldn't catch a shark. Dogfish (sharks) are known as a nuisance to people who catch them while salmon fishing and don't realize how neat they are. I never even tried for the chum or sockeye salmon, so no surprise that I didn't catch those guys. Those goals that weren't met this year get to go on to...

My goals for 2014!
The new colors are luckier. Probably.
So we've seen a few of those goals before, with some new ones. I had to throw catch a bass on there because I haven't hooked one in two years, and that seems wrong. The greenling and lingcod are there because they are funky fresh salty fish that I've never caught and would like to, so they get a spot each. That one at the top, a steelhead on a fly, may be there for a few years, if the rumors are true; apparently it's pretty tough to do around here, especially with my super-novice status.

Hopefully 2014 will be as much fun on the water as 2013; if you have any goals of your own that you'd like to share, put 'em in the comments section. I want to see what you're planning for the new year!

Comments

  1. http://www.tripstoafricaa.com/#!gallery/czjd

    Hi Mate,

    We can help you with shark.

    Good luck with list

    Christo & Dominika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome blog, discovered it via the WA fly fishing forum. There's still time to check your shark off the list, and from Puget Sound. A personel watercraft will help, but all you need to do is mooch cut-plug herring almost anywhere and your almost guaranteed to pull up a dogfish. Considered a nuisance by many, but a shark nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Banana Boat: A review of the Intex Explorer K2 Kayak

A Longer Post About Squid Fishing Puget Sound