Trip update #1: Welcome to the Wonderful World of Wyoming

The first leg of our journey (the packing and driving part) was a hectic, foggy, sleep-deprived, 55 mph torture test, and was completed safely and without much blood loss. My lovely wife and I arrived in Laramie a little haggard, but otherwise in one piece.

Hopefully while we're out here there will be some outdoor adventures before we take off for Iceland. Today we took a nice little jaunt up a snowy hillside with a couple of shaggy dogs; tomorrow we'll join my father for a Trout Unlimited meeting. Since the lakes are frozen but the ice is thin, it might be hard to get out ice-fishing, so I may be limited to just tying flies and doing fish art. There is always the possibility of going to the range and burning some powder, too; we've got a few options.

For now, I'll leave you with some pictures. I sure will miss Washington and the people and places I've come to now and love there, but Wyoming is doing it's darnedest to make up for it.



Moody Blues
Beginning of the walk


Wahoo!
Plants!
More plants!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Banana Boat: A review of the Intex Explorer K2 Kayak

A Longer Post About Squid Fishing Puget Sound

New Year's Goals